Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ice Wreath & Candles

Make a festive ice wreath to add to your outdoor Christmas Decor. These are so simple to make and don't cost you anything. I just took a bunt pan (but any round pan with a hole in the middle will do. Then I gathered items from around my yard like rose hips, moss, rocks,berries, pine cones, and pine needles and placed them in the pan half filled with water.


Then I simply placed the pan into my freezer. The next day I had a frozen wreath. To remove the wreath from the pan I just ran the bottom of the pan under hot water for a few seconds and the wreath slid right out. Run a piece of ribbon through the hole and hang your new wreath. You might want to handle the wreath with gloves on your hands. Very Cold!!

These wreaths I made by first freezing dyed water in an ice cube tray. Once Those were frozen I placed them in the same bunt pan, filled with water and placed in freezer

When they pop out you got a cool colored ice wreath.
This one is Christmas colors.

This year our trees Christmas colors were shades of blue, so I made a blue one.


These wreaths can last up to a few weeks depending on where you place it and how cold the weather is in your area! They can also be used in your table centerpieces for a dinner party if you placed them on top of a pan to collect the melted water. You could also make ice "candles" by freezing water in a tall glass or cylindrical container



No comments:

Post a Comment