Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Melting Pot

The Idea: Make your own Melting Pot Restaurant. Eating there is very expensive. When recreating at home, it can be done very cheaply!

The Details

Invitation:

"I'm so "fondue" of you...join me this evening for a romantic fondue for two."
"You make me melt...join me this evening for a romantic fondue for two."
"If your love for me is true, then join me for fondue..."


Supplies:

  • 2-3 fondue pots (or mini-crockpots) - (borrow from friends...OR ask a newlywed couple, they surely got 5 for their wedding)
  • A nice table setting complete with candlelight (I'm talking cloth napkins, a table cloth, wine glasses, etc.)
Food:

I like to have three options, but you can simplify or expand depending on your preference. There are SO many different recipes. I'll leave that up to you. Google it.

Oil/Broth Fondue - Dipping foods: meatballs, prepare cubed meats, shrimp, scallops, vegetables, potato chunks, mozzarella sticks, (cocktail, horseradish and teriyaki sauces for dipping).

Cheese Fondue - Dipping foods: cubed french/italian bread, florets of broccoli and cauliflower, bite-sized cooked chicken, bite-size cooked ham, roasted potatoes

Chocolate Fondue - Dipping foods: strawberries, bananas, peaches, pineapple, mango, apples, cherries, angel food cake, pound cake, cheesecake, cookies, marshmallows, pretzels{for my chocolate fondue, I like to melt milk chocolate chips with some vegetable oil (1-2 tablespoons) to get to the consistency I like. really easy.}

Romance Helps:


 
  • Feed Each Other - (with the skewer, your fingers...or, your mouth...) ooh..this could get a little seductive!



  • Take turns blindfolding each other while feeding each other... Create suspense when possible
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment